An Invitation to Write for My Blog
Do you have a desire to write or blog but don't know where to begin? Are you looking for a place to share your ideas?
If you are interested in writing a guest post here on ElloryWells.com, I AM NOT currently accepting guest posts from talented individuals, and I look forward to hearing from you.
If you're interested in helping current and aspiring entrepreneurs and business owners, I invite you to write for my blog!
**NOTE: If you're a business interested in sponsoring a post on my blog, please click here for promotional content submission guidelines.
Who You'll Be Writing To
When writing on ellorywells.com, it is important to understand to whom you'll be writing. Said another way, you need to be clear on who reads this blog and who will be reading and learning from the content you submit.
The people who read ellorywells.com are entrepreneurs and successful employees who want to become entrepreneurs. They're busy people looking for shortcuts, tips, tricks and information that will help them start, build, or grow a business.
Your post must be on one of these topics and it must help people start, build, or grow their business:
- Personal Development
- Productivity / Time Management
- Teaching a Skill (ex: How to…)
- Online Business / Entrepreneurship
- Branding / Marketing
- Tools, Tips, Resources, and Hacks
- You may not publish your article/post anywhere else, including your own blog or website or blog. My suggestion is that you post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
- You may provide up to four (4) external links: one for your website, one for your bio or About page, one for your social media outlet of choice and one link to a cited resource.
- Your post should be between 600 and 1200 words long.
- If I publish your guest post, you must be the one to drive and respond to any and all of the reader comments.
- You are responsible for promoting your post on social media. I will promote it as well.
- You will need to provide an image for your post. The image should be 1200px wide and 700px tall. You must own the rights to use the image you provide.
- First, run your post through Grammarly's free service. Please don't submit an article with errors; it will get rejected. My team does not have time to edit your work.
- Second, run your error-free post through the HemingwayApp (also free). Shoot for a 7th grade or below reading level and a minimal amount of “hard to read, adverb, passive voice” errors.
- I will review your post/article for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I make any major changes, I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
- I may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or the rationale as to why I think the post is important.
I understand the amount of time and effort it takes to write a blog post. The only guest posts I will publish are those which meet my guidelines and the ones I feel will be interesting and beneficial to my readers.
If I do not approve your guest post, you may request a brief explanation, but, unless otherwise requested, I won't provide any details as to why.
If your article meets these guidelines and you agree to these terms & conditions:
- Please connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn and/or subscribe to my website. Though this isn't a requirement, if we're not connected, I'll wonder why you're interested in writing a guest post in the first place.
If you can make it easy for me, I'd greatly appreciate it and hope to return the favor!
If I reject your post, you can do whatever you want with it, including publishing it somewhere else. If I approve your post, I will send you a link to preview the formatting and structure for my website. We can work out the day, but I typically post on Mondays.
I'm excited that you'd consider writing a guest post and look forward to hearing from you!