Write Your About Page
Lesson 11Chapter 4 Module 2
Before you signed up for this program, did you visit my about page?
One of the most popular pages on your website, your About page should tell people who you are, what you stand for, and what you’re about. I recommend a personal touch with a non-formal photograph that provides an example of your unique personality.
Also, a good About page will tell a reader, visitor, and/or customer what they’ll get by reading your site and/or subscribing to your email list. You want your About page to be both personal and instructional.
Remember the 5 W’s and the H from Exit Strategy? Make sure you go into detail with each of these on your About page –
- Who you are, who your clients are
- What you do, what makes you an expert
- When you started
- Where you learned, where in the world you live, where you are in your journey
- Why you’re so passionate, why people need you
- How you got where you are, how you can help
Other things to include on your About page:
- Your name (Hey, I’m Ellory and this is what I do…)
- A description of what visitors get by being on your site (On my site, I offer the very best…)
- Opt-in forms (Members of my community get… and you can get it too by joining us here…)