The fifth episode of the Empowered Podcast features marketing expert Marlee Ward.
You'll hear how Marlee transitioned from attorney to entrepreneur. We'll discuss the power of taking responsibility, overcoming rejection, and figuring out how to start a business from scratch.
Marlee Ward's Mission:
To teach entrepreneurs how to communicate their value with ease and integrity so attracting ideal clients happens naturally.
How Marlee defines empowerment:
“Taking responsibility for your life. No one owes you anything. You are not a victim.”
What Marlee and I talked about:
How did you empower yourself to make the changes necessary to get you to where you are today?
I maintain a strong spiritual life and I connect with my faith. I'm constantly educating and developing myself. I make the investments that I need to grow.
GET MY EMAILS
PLUS the business tools I use daily!
Enter your name and email address and I'll send you emails that are guaranteed to help you move your business forward.
What is the best way to empower other people?
Engage with other people. Talk to them and encourage them to reach their potential.
Talk to them as though they are the people you can see them as being. Sometimes we all need someone to see ourselves as someone we could be.
When you decided to do what you're doing now, what types of Resistance did you face?
I had to figure out how to get my first clients. I had to figure out how to run a business. I had to deal with rejection.
How did you face and overcome those challenges?
I surrendered to it and just said okay…I'm going to go for it and I'm going to do this. And everything really came together for me. “You probably know what your unique difference is, you're just not giving it credit.”
What are you doing today that will keep you moving forward tomorrow?
Every time I work with a client or I see one of my clients have a big win, I'm just high for days. I can't get over that I get paid to do what I do. I try to stay amazed and I try to stay in gratitude at the entire process and that keeps me going. Peaks and valleys of entrepreneurship still show up, but I'm more equipped to handle the valleys when they come.
Since you decided to face your fears and charge forward, what have you stopped doing?
Be intentional about who you hang out with.
How do you unwind and relax?
Tennis, horseback riding, snow boarding, jet skiing, exercises daily.
EPIC Question: What is one tip, or one piece of advice you can give people who are just starting?
Start small. Don't get overwhelmed by your vision. Start working with people as soon as possible.
Resources and Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- RxMD Marketing Solutions
- Radical entrepreneurship
- Jeff Brown – Read to Lead Podcast
- Golden Handcuffs – “The further you go down the career path and the more successful you become, and the more, the better quality of life that you get, and all of those things that come with ‘career growth,' you get attached to those and then it's like….well if I leave, my quality of life might decline or what if I really can't do it…..” “I think all of the what ifs and the doubts grow bigger the more committed you get to another path.”
- Tony Robbins – Personal Power
- Brian Tracy
- Richard Branson
- Michael Port
- My blog post: Why I Wasted 15 Months
- Jared Easley – starvethedoubts.com
- Erika Napoletano – erikanapoletano.com
- Les Brown's Unleash the Greatness Within You
- “You will never get over the rejection part, you just get better at dealing with it.”
- Cybil Shavis – PossibilityofToday.com
Connect with Marlee!
Don't Miss an Episode! Subscribe Below:
[ois skin=”Mid Page Wide 1″]
Help Out the Show !
And lastly, if you haven’t done so already I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and honest review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful and I love the feedback!
Thank you in advance!