How Your Greatest Failure Can Become Your Greatest Success [EWS8]
Sometimes our lowest points are the same ones that will help us reach and connect with people. Our greatest failure can lead to our greatest success.
Today on the Ellory Wells Show, you'll hear a coaching call with Brenda McGraw, an insurance sales person turned coach. We'll discuss the mindset required to charge for your work, how Christians can build businesses, and much more. This is a powerful show, and I hope you enjoy!
In this episode you'll hear about:
- Brenda's entrepreneur story
- Brenda's Website: Ask God Today
- Exchanging money for services
- Having a philanthropic mindset
- How to turn your greatest failure into your greatest success
- Outsourcing portions of your business
- Jimmy Burgess
- Find what makes you unique
- Discover what other issues your avatar is facing
- Increasing your clientele
- Niching down
- Suzanne Evans with Hell Ya Studios
- Use: Identifying Your Ideal Client Guide
- Attend: FREE! 30 Day Blog Transformation
- Attend: Tribe Writers with Jeff Goins
- Attend: Thrive Conference
- Read: The School of Greatness by Lewis Howes
- Read: How to Start Your Professional Podcast for $200 or Less by Ellory Wells
- Listen: The Empowered Podcast Episode 49
Want a Free Coaching Call and To Be Featured on The Ellory Wells Show?
Want to ask your question and have it answered live on The Ellory Wells Show?
EPISODE RELEVANT QUESTION?
In my book Exit Strategy: The Exact Tactics to Transition from Where You Have to Be to Where You Want to Be, I go in-depth about how to be successful with your email efforts, including autoresponder sequences, what to say, and how to say it. If you'd like to grab a copy of Exit Strategy, you can buy it on Amazon HERE.
Connect with me!
Don't Miss an Episode! Subscribe Below:
Help Out the Show!
And lastly, if you haven’t done so already I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and honest review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking HERE! It would be extremely helpful and I love the feedback!
Thank you in advance!