How I Started, Why I Struggled, & How I Grew – 22 Questions from Community Member, Eston Swaby
In May, Jamaican entrepreneur, Eston Swaby, sent me a list of questions about entrepreneurship, starting a business, overcoming fear, dealing with the haters who don't want you to win, and more.
So, to be as open, honest, and candid as possible, I went LIVE! on my Facebook page to answer the questions in front of the world. And, to hopefully help YOU move your business forward and get to the next level, here is the full video and how I answered each of Eston's questions.
For his Business Success Stories Series, podcaster/entrepreneur Eston Swaby sent me 22 questions about me, my business, and entrepreneurship.
Here are the questions in the order in which they were asked and answered:
- Tell us more about you, Ellory, Who are you and what are your passions in life?
- You own two businesses, Ellory Wells and DwizzyWid Media tell us about DwizzyWid Media and ElloryWells.com?
- Whom do you target?
- How important is it to have a niche in your business, and how can we go about finding a profitable niche
- When did you start your business?
- What led or inspired you to start your own business?
- After you came up with the idea, how did you get started? Please walk us through how the first one year of your journey was like.
- How long did it take (after starting) before you experienced the first signs of success? What were those signs of success?
- At which point did you know with certainty that it had taken off?
- Where there any doubts, fears at the beginning? How did you overcome these?
- What would you say are the biggest drivers of your success today?
- Looking back, what were the biggest obstacles you faced in your entrepreneurship journey in the past year? How did you overcome those obstacles?
- What are the biggest lessons you’ve learned in this journey?
- If you are to start all over again, what are the top 3 things you’d do as you start your business?
- Tell us, before you started your business, what were you doing? What was it like? Did you know that you wanted to have your own business?
- Walk us through the steps you took to transition from a 9-5 job/career to running own business?
- What would say to someone who has a passion but not sure if they will be able to build a successful business around that passion?
- How would you advise someone who is just starting his/her business and wants to bring it to the level where they are comfortable earning six figures?
- How can a new entrepreneur use their fears and criticisms from others who probably don’t support their vision to succeed?
- How would you advise someone who is not seeing the results they expected and is thinking about quitting?
- What’s next in your plans for the future?
- Any last words of advice to entrepreneurs?
Want more videos like this? Check out my YouTube Channel!